International Students Ukrainian-Danish camp based on “Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University” was conducted in summer during the time from 19.08.15 to 26.08.15.
The main aims of the camp were: to attract students of Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University and Danish youth to the active collaboration; to strength the relations between Denmark and Ukraine; to assist students’ experience interchange between students of Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University and Danish youth – to hold the intellectual round-tables, trainings, sport and art activities; also one of the main ams was to study and improve language skills, making the programs and projects, which assist to develop youths skills.
During the camp Danish students made workshops on the following topics: “The Welfare State”, “Sacred and profane in past and present”, “Literature and society”, “Who am I? The creation of identity”, “Participation – when, how and why?”, “Ethics”. Students of our University were willing to support and engage in the discussions on the following above topics, everyone could learn something useful and new.
Representatives of Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University made the round tables on the following topics: “Education Systems in Denmark and Ukraine”, “Ukraine as a European country”, “Democracy”.
These activities helped to understand better the culture and history. Everyone could tell their own opinion.
Also, to develop friendly relations between Ukrainian and Danish students were made excursion through the university, visiting local museums and in Kyiv city; psychological trainings, art master classes.
All these activities assisted to develop friendly relations between Ukrainian and Danish students.
Representatives of both countries were better able to learn the history, culture and traditions of Ukraine and Denmark. Of course, improved their knowledge of foreign languages and at the end of the camp in an informal setting were able to communicate with each other without interpreters.
The activity of the camp was supported by the Folmer Wisti Foundation and the Danish Helsinki Committee for human rights.
The coordinator from Denmark was Annette Storgaard (Professor of criminal law at Aarhus University, member of the Danish Helsinki Committee for human rights, Denmark).
During the camps were set and fulfilled the following objectives:
- Attracted the students of State pedagogical university named after Hryhoriy Skovoroda and Danish youth to the active collaboration
- Attracted students, PhD students and teachers to the European mobility
- Strengthen the relations between students from western and eastern Europe via meeting with colleagues, openly presenting the aspects of every day life, social cultures, family traditions of both countries;
- Assisted students’ experience interchange between students of Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University and Danish youth – to hold the intellectual round-tables, trainings, sport and art activities
- Popularized the studying and the improving of foreign languages, organization and making the programs and projects, which assist to develop youth’s skills in social and humanities, public and educational spheres.
The project has brought a lot of new, interesting and useful for the participating students, so in future it is planned the establishment of more active and productive cooperation with Denmark.